Mr. Javed Ellahie is a business attorney with a focus in bankruptcy law, corporate law, civil litigation, and estate planning and probate law. Mr. Ellahie carries a Martindale-Hubbell “AV-rating”, the highest rating of legal knowledge and ethics.
Mr. Ellahie is a certified bankruptcy law specialist (certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization) and has frequently lectured at seminars for bankruptcy law specialists. Mr. Ellahie has also served as a Trustee to the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the West-Valley Mission Community College District.
Mr. Ellahie’s bankruptcy law experience includes representing over 5,000 individuals and businesses in their bankruptcy matters and providing them relief under Chapters 7, 11 and/or 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. Mr. Ellahie has also represented individuals and corporations under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code and has successfully assisted individuals and corporations in their reorganization efforts in Chapter 11 proceedings.
Mr. Ellahie’s corporate experience includes representing hundreds of privately held technology driven companies in matters involving all phases of the business and product life-cycles including inception, emergence, growth, and maturity. Mr. Ellahie also has significant experience working with nonprofit organizations with regards to inception, governance, and finance.
Mr. Ellahie’s estate planning experience includes setting up estate plans such as simple and complex trusts, drafting irrevocable trusts, family limited partnership, charitable trusts and other documents that provide the maximum flexibility. Mr. Ellahie can draft wills and trusts that meet the requirements of the Islamic Inheritance laws.
- Golden Gate University, LLM (Tax) (2008) Honors
- Santa Clara University, J.D. (1974), cum laude
- California State University, Fresno, B.S.E.E., (1970), cum laude
- The Ellahie Law Firm (1977 – 2008)
- Mohsin Tayebaly & Company, Pakistan (1975 – 1976)
Mr Ellahie can provide legal services in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi
Memberships & Activities
- Supreme Court of the United States (Since 2016)
- Supreme Court of California (Since 1975)
- Sind-Baluchistan High Court (1976) – Licensed in Pakistan
- Central District California (1975)
- Eastern District California (1991)
- Northern District California (1975)
- American Inns of Court (Don Edwards Chapter)
- AV Rated – Peer Review Martindale Hubbell
- Former Judge Pro-Temp, Santa Clara County
- Trustee, West-Valley Mission College (1992)
- Trustee, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1994 – 1998)
- Member, Executive Committee, Santa Clara County Bar Association (1997 – 1998)
- Teacher Trial Skills Advocacy Workshops:
- Stanford University Law School (1998 – present)
- University of San Francisco Law School (1999)
- Conducted Seminars on Estate Planning, Islamic Wills & Trusts, Bankruptcy & Corporate Law for Attorneys
- Arbitrator National Arbitration Forum (2006 – 2014)
- Northern California “Superlawyer” award (2007 to present)
- Certified Specialist Bankruptcy Law (since 2005)
- Charter Member, Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs
Honors and Awards:
- 2012 Community Leader award by the South Asian Bar Association – Northern California Foundation.
- Advocate Bankruptcy Dispute Resolution, Certificate of Appreciation, Bankruptcy Judges – Northern California, annually, 2005 through present.
- Human Development Foundation, Community Award 2012.
Can Kerry Convince Muslim Voters? San Jose Mercury News
- End of Life Issues: Vimeo
- Pakistan’s Justices under Siege: Host Herb Engstrom (2010)
KQED forum with Michael Krasny/Najm Sethi:
Panel on leadership in the Post Musharraf Era, tension with India.KQED Forum