Mr. Omair Farooqui is a business attorney focused on Intellectual Property, corporate law, and civil litigation.
Mr. Farooqui’s Intellectual Property experience includes patent litigation and patent prosecution involving mechanical, biomechanical, chemical, electrical and software technologies. Mr. Farooqui also has extensive experience in trademark prosecution, counseling and litigation, as well as copyright and trade secret counseling and litigation. In addition, his experience includes drafting and negotiating Intellectual Property contracts such as licensing agreements, research and development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc. While in law school, Mr. Farooqui clerked at the Office of Technology Transfer, California Institute of Technology/Jet Propulsion Laboratory-NASA, California Energy Commission, and California Resources Agency.
Mr. Farooqui’s corporate experience includes representing numerous privately held technology companies in matters involving all phases of the business and product life-cycles including inception, emergence, growth, and maturity. Mr. Farooqui also has significant experience working with nonprofit organizations with regards to inception, governance, and finance.
Mr. Farooqui’s civil litigation experience includes commercial and business litigation disputes and personal injury litigation.
- University of the Pacific, Mc George School of Law, J.D. (1999)
- University of California, Riverside, B.S., Biology (1996)
- Manatt Phelps & Phillips LLP (2006 2008)
- Dergosits & Noah LLP (2004 2006)
- Dillingham & Murphy LLP (2000 2004)
Memberships & Activities
- California Bar (2000)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2002)
- Member, The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
- Member, Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneur of North America (OPEN)
- Member, Silicon Valley Indian Professionals Association (SIPA)
Patent Trolls: A Selective Etymology, IP Law 360, March 21, 2008.
Online Sales and Common Law Trademark Rights, , IP Law 360, July 20, 2011.